Wednesday, December 29, 2010

No Bake Cookies

Last night I decided that I needed to do something with the wee ones that had nothing to do with motion pictures.  Ugh... That picture box is just utterly too horrible! 

What is fun and makes a mess at the same time but is something I need to lend hardly any effort in helping with.

No Bake Cookies was the answer.
Pictures are from last night and the cookies were made by the wee ones.
Recipe is my mother's.  Only the Creator knows where she grabbed it from but these cookies were apart of my childhood as well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No Bake Cookies

Row 1
1 stick butter
½ cup powered baking cocoa
2 cups sugar
½ cup milk

Row 2
½ cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
(not instant)

Directions:
Bring Row 1 to a boil.
Boil for 3 minutes (I would stir while boiling so there is no chance of burnt yuck),
then remove from heat. 
Add Row 2, stir well.
Drop teaspoon sized amount onto wax paper.
Eat when cool and hardened.
*Yes, that is the mystery machine cookie jar*
Enjoy!


If you attempt to make this simple recipe I'd love to see a photo of the yummy goodness.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, those look lovely!! I going to take this recipe and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wont believe how super easy it is! Since you use wax paper & you use basically one pot there is hardly any dishes or clean up once you are done!

    Too wonderful!

    Mad Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmmmmy those look so delicious! email me when you want to do the guest blog. Hope you have a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, these look so good! Put chocolate and peanut butter together and I am in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate, oats and peanut butter! yum yum yum! will try this out someday. thanks for sharing! c",)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look delicious! :P

    ReplyDelete

Mad Scientist Listens

Check out my newest GIVEAWAY!! :)
6 Books Available!


Related Posts with Thumbnails