Saturday, October 26, 2013

Book Review ---> This Song Will Save Your Life



15777621
By: Leila Sales
Published  By:  Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Publish Date:  Sept. 17th 2013
Pages: 288 hardcover
Tags:  Young Adult, Realistic Fiction, Coming of Age, Contemporary Fiction, Stand Alone, Music
Source:  Community Library
Concoction of a Review:

There is a raw and powerful story to be had in between those covers. Once the Mad Scientist embraced This Song Will Save Your Life, MS could not stop devouring.

Starting late into the night my tea went cold twice and the minutes ticked by yelling at my hard head that the sun would rise in a few hours. A scientist I maybe but a lady should never have bags under her eyes so stubbornly buried myself under the duvet closing my eyes. Only to wake up as the sun was rising and read tell the book was done!

Planet & Book Love <3
Elise is the one person who never quit belonged with a particular group of kids at school.  Oh how kids can be cruel. She was a special girl who tried her best at whatever she wanted to learn. However, you found out being special or good at something is just uncool.

Lonely is what Elise was determined not to be any longer. She researched being cool and tried so hard to find a friend. Desperation turned into the consideration of suicide. Awe, my dear Elise, MS just wanted to crawl into the book and hug you. Let us just say thank you to the gods above for she did not go through with it.

"Sometimes you just have those days where everything goes wrong. But sometimes, and totally unexpectedly, something can go right."
Now Elise finds herself going through the aftermath of the situation. Soon after the scare she stumbled around late in the night near a business district trying to ward of her wound up nerves. Even in such a unseeming area Elise ran into Vicky & Mel, whom befriended her. Leading Elise into the teaming hectic world of an underground dance party. Music thumps through her body and soul, she is someone else here. The music loving self, not the unpopular HS self. Elise gathered strength from her new friends to survive and recover.

Elise takes it upon herself to learn how to DJ. The young and dashing lad, Char, the leading DJ of the night was needed elsewhere. Taking the reins of the dance party with her efforts and knowledge of music she easily rules the dance floor. Char, takes Elise under wing when realizing she is talented and different. Learning all she can, Elise becomes the hottest DJ in the area! 

Surviving high school surrounded by friends and music, Elise learned that it is alright to stay true to the person you want to be and can be. 
Undoubtedly my favorite Quote!

"I was smiling like a crazy person because I had just made a hundred people dance, I had just made a hundred people scream, I had just made a hundred people happy. I, Elise, using my own power, had made people happy."

Nelita Habbibi
Source
Here is how I pictures Elise: 

Many lovely groups and songs are mentioned throughout the novel, in which the playlist from within can be found and thoroughly enjoyed at Spotify. As MS developed this mad review the sounds whirled around my skirts and rattled my pinned up hair.  

"I believe that a person's taste in music tells you a lot about them. In some cases, it tells you everything you need to know."

** Thanks to the Oneida Community Library and Inter-Library Loan! All Mad thoughts are presented in the right mind of a twisted brain of the Mad Scientist!**

4.5 Blasts --->  Loved it!
I loved how such important issues were brought together in a flawless story.
I urge you to Read it soon!!



5 comments:

  1. I loved this book. It brought back a lot of memories (not so good lol) of high school. I could really relate to Elise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise was a great character. Only for a select few HS is the bees knees. I think it is funny that the super popular HS guys are now over weight and bald. Bahaha!

      Delete
  2. I adored this book too! I wish high school me could have read it because she would have found so much comfort in it. Instead now me got to read it and adore it!

    ReplyDelete

Mad Scientist Listens

Check out my newest GIVEAWAY!! :)
6 Books Available!


Related Posts with Thumbnails