Thursday, May 5, 2011

Library Unveiled (5)

*I'm sorry this MeMe is a tad late this week.*
Don't know what is in your library?
Want to share your books with others?
Curious to know what is in other libraries?
I am quite sure that I am not the only mad person who has spent time strolling through another virtual library or digging through my own looking for the next beloved book to dive into or add to my wondrously long wishlist.

The Mad Scientist is also quite sure that with being surrounded by many many bound books that I am in no need of desiring more on a continuous scale that borders obsession.  Of course, I really do not mean that...

Library Unveiled will allow you to share your personal library, bound or virtual, with the Mad Scientist and other bloggers.

Every Thursday stop by and share 5 books & perhaps a snippet of your thoughts or link to a review.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week's theme:
Zombies for May's Morbid Romantica Challenge (2011) 
You can link up your Zombie Reviews Here! 



1.)  Zombies vs Unicorns Edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier is a bound book of short stories by various authors who have written a tribute to their team.  Have you decided?  Are you Team Zombie or perhaps you are more of a Purist siding with Team Unicorn?

I'm currently undecided as to which team the Mad Scientist will support.  Perhaps, once I complete this hardcover beauty I will know!

If you are curious about what Team Unicorn has to offer I have a wonderful teaser devoted to them.  Next week I'll have a Team Zombie teaser up!

2.)  Zombies:  Encounters with the Hungry Dead Edited by John Skipp is also a bound anthology of Zombie short stories.  Does this cover not look completely creepy.  I happened across this huge book, 700+ pages, for sale for 10 dollars at Borders one day.  I couldn't resist!  

I fear this one will take me awhile to get through.  I'll have to go for a short story every couple of nights and report on those instead of the book as a whole. 


3.)  World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks.  Thanks to Oneillej who so kindly put this book onto GoodReads swap and accepted my request. 

I'm really unsure of what this book will entail but the title gives me a hint and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to read this gore ridden tale of shambling Zombies and the rush to save humanity!

4.)  Zombie Blondes by Brian James... I know!  Not a typical Mad Scientist sort of book.  It also barely fits in with these tales but alas it sits on my shelf.  Why?  Hmm... honestly I'm not sure.  The title must of peaked my interest enough to include it with several other books I requested from swap.  Thanks to Ashley who can be found at Ashley's Bookshelf.

This tale could possibly be found reviewed nearer the end of the month.

5.)  Patient Zero by Jonathan MaberryI saved this one for last!  I'm most excited to read this one!  Look at that cover!  I hope to find some outstanding Zombie carnage in this one!

I also had his YA book Rot and Ruin, sadly, a Zombie loving friend swiped it from my shelf to "borrow".  *tear*  With much bitterness, I decided that it would never see its home once again, so I gracefully told her to accept it as a gift (since the Mad Scientist does have a graciousness meter tucked away in the bowels of the rib cage).

I do believe this will be my next Zombie read unless any of my beloved followers suggest I read a different Zombie book before hand.


Well, my lovelies!
There are 5 books that can be found in my library!

What is on your shelf?






*Book Titles are Linked to GoodReads for Your Convince*

2 comments:

  1. You MUST get to the Joe Ledger series ASAP! If you're still unsure, read my reviews of all 3...my gushing adoration will surely convince you!

    Also wanted to say happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Kristin@ My Bookish Ways

    ReplyDelete

Mad Scientist Listens

Check out my newest GIVEAWAY!! :)
6 Books Available!


Related Posts with Thumbnails